02 April 2011

nige's birthday

Sunday, 3 April was going to be a busy day and so we didn't plan to do anything for Nige's birthday that day but . . . we ended up having a spur of the moment lunch with the Hendersons after church.  Nige is holding the coffee mug Mum and Pete gave him, with an image of his personalised plate on it - very cool.
Natalie and Jacob watching Nige unwrap his prezzies.
Ooo, and a cap too, with his personalised plate!
The rest of the Hendos sitting around the lunch table.
Daniel must have been hot that day, coz he got down to just his singlet.  He was pulling a face for me here.
Nige's impromptu 'birthday cake' . . . a packet of Toffee Pops with a candle in one of them!
Now for the planned birthday meal . . . dinner at our place with the Hendersons.  It worked out nice to have two meals in two days with them anyways, coz that kind of thing doesn't happen too often due to busy schedules.  So, I went with a blue theme on the table.  I had asked Nige a few days before what he would like for dinner and his first request was Shepherds Pie and I'm like, "really?"  So his next choice was enchiladas, roast potatoes and peas.  I'm like, "really?  well okay"  In my mind I was picturing FAJITAS, roast spuds and peas and I'm thinking - strange combo but okay.  It wasn't till I served the meal and Nige said, "enchiladas?" and then it dawned on me!  Oops!  It still tasted good but we ate the fajitas first and then came the roast spuds and peas - funny!  I did get dessert right though - his favourite, self-saucing chocolate pudding with VANILLA ice cream.
Plus I bought a chocolate mud cake from the local bakery - had to have a cake and some candles.
Happy birthday hun!

No comments: