26 March 2012

more birthday visits

Nige's father, sister and brother in-law came to visit for the day, to wish us both a Happy Birthday.  First we went over to Napier's Centennial Gardens.
Jason, Nige, me, Wendy, Keith facing the waterfall
Nige and I  :)
The waterfall.  After that brief stop we went and found a cafe on Emerson Street to have some lunch.
After lunch we went up Bluff Hill.  I was going to take a photo of the other four, and then get Nige to take one of me on my own to paste in afterwards (like I did with the photo of the five of us on the bridge) but this guy offered to take the photo of all of us.  When getting my phone back from him, I was like, "you look familiar to me", and said the same.  Turned out Nige and I used to be at the same church as him in Palmerston North, and he was up in Napier for the day showing his in-laws around.  Small world!!
When we arrived at Bluff Hill we noticed a ship a little ways out, and we ended up just chatting and enjoying the view for about an hour and by then the ship arrived into the port.

No comments: