06 April 2012

a little day trip

In a little town called Dannevirke, about an hour's drive South of us, there is a Fantasy Cave.  Nige went there a few years ago with the Hendersons and today we went for a drive together and headed off to Dannevirke.
A lot people from all around the world have visited the cave, which are marked on world map inside, but on this day I think there were more volunteers than visitors.  They've done a good job in there - it's kind of like a mini version of Disneyland's It's a Small World but based on children's fairy tales.  Someone has had a very creative mind when creating the cave.
When we arrived home from Dannevirke I was in baking mode.  I tried out this crock pot Granola recipe (sorry, I can't remember which website I got the recipe off now).  It took about 5 hours and it was yummy and lasted a couple weeks.
Then I had a go at making Hot Cross Buns.  They taste yummy but the three times I've made them over the past 20 years they've each turned out quite heavy, literally!  My crosses turned out a bit messy, not like my friend Natalie - hers look great!

No comments: