30 June 2012

the lovely miss bea

In the week before we left for Los Angeles the lovely Miss Beatrice Major popped in on several occasions, just to help out with whatever I was needing to do in preparation for leaving.  It turned out that I was quite unwell that last week, so Bea's little visits were truly a blessing from the Lord.  She weeded my little garden of daffodils and tulips, helped make beds for family visiting (oh, actually that was the week before!), helped me empty and clean out the fridge and freezer, and sort through the pantry.  It was while we were in the pantry that Bea pointed out the new-ish label on the can of Wattie's Baked Beans, where it is labelled "BeaNZ" - so fitting for "Bea" from "NZ" who will soon be moving to Los Angeles to attend The Master's College.  Maybe she'll bring some cans to decorate her room with!? Ha! :)
The night before we left I went to the after hours doctor and it was discovered that my blood pressure was very high.  I was able to start medication that night.  I'm still having some tightness in my chest from time to time (apparently unrelated to the high blood pressure), but it's not continuous like last week so I'm very glad for that!  I was nervous about flying and feeling unwell etc but I travelled very well and both Nige and I got some sleep on the plane.

No comments: