23 June 2017

vacation bible school 2017

I had the opportunity to serve at Vacation Bible School (VBS) again this year. It was our biggest yet, with about 100 kids, and it is a lot of fun.  I get to take photos of the kids during the games time, and I'm given a list of very specific poses the kids need to be in.  I then insert the photos into a slideshow, which is shown at the end of each morning.  The slideshow summarizes the Bible story taught that day, with the kids as the actors.  It's very cool.
The kids get to sing lots of neat songs about Jesus, and learn actions too.
My friend, Kady, with her crew of kids.
I think this is the cutest picture of the week.  Mr Morlok Jr. posing for the camera, exactly like I asked for!
My friend, Laura, was serving at VBS as a crew leader, and we grabbed some lunch together one of the days.
Our VBS leaders wrote each volunteer a sweet 'thank you' and included some edible building blocks.
On the last day, the FBC Ice Cream Truck came and gave out FREE ice creams.
A number of those who served at VBS this year will be going to Onekawa Bible Church in Napier, where my brother in-law is the pastor, and run the same program there as an outreach to their community.  Unfortunately, Nige and I are unable to go this year, because we are in the middle of applying for US Residency, and we can't travel internationally until our Visa is approved.

No comments: