14 June 2017

a day at the spa

Nige and I have never been to a full-on spa place before.  You know, the kind where you stay ALL day, eat lunch there, get a massage, kind of spa.  A couple at church spoiled us in a major way, with an all expenses paid day at Glen Ivy Hot Springs.
As we were walking into the mud pool (yes, I went in a mud pool!) I was thinking to myself, "What am I doing?  I don't like to get dirty!"  But I did it.  We grabbed mud off that pile in the middle of the pool and rubbed it on each other.  LOL 😆 We let it dry and then we washed it off in an outdoor shower.
The location was lovely and lush.  Glen Ivy is tucked away, not far off the 15 Fwy, at the foot of some hills, and is a lovely oasis in this dessert that is called Inland Empire!
The lounging pool (above) was full all day but there were a number of other pools to choose from to hang out in.  We were treated to a 50-minute massage each, which was just awesome, and so relaxing.
A few days later,  we had this lovely young family over for a meal.  Dan and Breanna's son, Maverick, is a not-so-little-four-month-old cutie pie!
It was exciting to discover three flowers on our magnolia tree this month - one at a time, just spreading the joy throughout the month.  It's so dry and hot out there, that I wonder sometimes if the magnolia tree is doing okay. So, three flowers on the tree was a good indication that it's still growing. Yah!

No comments: