28 November 2011

christmas decorating

Okay, so Christmas has arrived at the Shailers!  Yah!  After reading Laura Martin's blog today I was motivated to take photos and share our Christmas decorating photos too.  Thanks Laura :)
The lovely Bea Major came over Monday morning to help me out and it was great having her over and decorating together.
Gotta have twinkle lights . . . everywhere!
The 'postcard book' was a gift from Calvary Bible Church, Burbank - so lovely!
Some more Christmas village.
Christmas Cookie scented soy candles that I made with Lori Britten when visiting Los Angeles in July.  Very yummy smelling.
The upper kitchen counter all decked out too.
More Christmas village.
Snowmen display.
See the rusty tin star hanging from the top of the mirror?  My friend Jeanette Descisciolo painted baby Jesus on a bed of straw - she's a very talented lady!
The nativity scene sitting on the firebox.
This year I only put up ONE of our three trees.  There's nothing quite like a floor-to-ceiling tree, but hey the little 4' tree on some drawers will work for this year.  Plus the drawers give me somewhere to hang our new stockings that we bought in a Christmas store in Boston this year.  And bonus, the train track fits around the bottom of the drawers too!  I think nephew Daniel will be pleased to see that the train is there again this year.

No comments: