06 May 2012

celebrating mum

A little bit before Mother's Day this year, Natalie and I took a little trip down to Palmerston North and have a day out with Mum.  We took her to the Herb Farm out on Grove Road, not far from Ashhurst.  They have a store where they sell herbal creams, oils, teas etc, a cafe, and a garden to wander around.
Mum, Natalie and I on one of the bridges in the gardens.
There were lots of elves dotted around the gardens.  The sign said they are still during the day but come to life at night when no one is around.
An old garden shed; added lovely character to the gardens.
 My lunch was delicious! Bruschetta - Toasted ciabatta topped with a medley of diced tomatoes, red onion, fresh basil and sprinkled with creamy feta (with no feta for me today).  All organic and locally grown, and very fresh tasting.
Mum had a couscous salad, and Natalie had a green salad with chicken.  Both looked great dishes too.
Natalie and I in the garden shed.
Heading home after our one-night stay.  Love my pink carry-on travel bag - it holds more than you'd think and is so easy to wheel around.  Plus it's pink!

No comments: