25 February 2013

off to los angeles

I flew out to Los Angeles four days ahead of Nige this time - a first for us, but it was about $400 cheaper for me to do this. I flew on the Air New Zealand plane that is painted up with The Hobbit on it. The next day I met with Kirsty Watson and enjoyed a lovely four-hour catch-up. Then I met with the lovely Beatrice for dinner. The girls in her dorm prettied up this window for Valentine's Day - fun. On Friday I went shopping with another good friend, Lori, at The Citadel Outlets and found a birthday prezzie for our Miss Jess Bess for her July birthday - fun! Way behind me, and under the palm tree is snow on the hills but it was still warm enough in the sun for just a t-shirt. Friday and Saturday morning I met with two other girlfriends, Carole and then Verity, before picking Nige up from LAX and driving to Murrieta. I am thankful for the opportunity to have caught up with these dear friends at the beginning of our trip before the crazy schedule kicked in. Hopefully we'll get to spend some time with more friends before we leave.







No comments: