15 December 2014

christmas at the shailer's

 
Our Nativity Scene . . . sitting on the piano.
Our Christmas Village - lit up with very neat micro LED lights.
This tinsel Christmas tree was Nige's family Christmas tree when he was a boy.  It is still in the original packaging.
The end result of this retro tree.  We're not big into Santa, but this little guy was Nige's when he was a boy.  I'm just a bit sentimental, so these are nice to still have.
An ornament Nige bought me when he visited London a few years ago . . .
and this from when he visited Paris, on the same trip.  One day it would be fun to see these in real life myself.
I have a few of these special little cups . . . from some special people in our lives!
A lovely little cross-stitch that my Aunty Bev made for us.
I really like this, but sadly I can't remember who gave it to us  :(  It's the sentimental part of me coming out again  :)
Our 7' Christmas tree in the living room/lounge.
 Our 4' Christmas tree in the dining room.
Our outside lights, using those neat LED lights again.  The lights in the windows are actually on the inside - it was much easier than climbing a ladder to put them up on the outside!!
The view from our upstairs of the neighbor's houses on the street opposite us.  I love to see Christmas lights and God gave me a nice little surprise for this time of the year by providing this home for us!
I got this idea for displaying our Christmas cards on Pinterest.  It's working well.
This is one of the Christmas cards we received, and I just love how the envelope was addressed!  It's so creative - I might even frame it!

No comments: